Alumni Relations Coordinator, Stanford Law School
Alumni Relations Coordinator, Stanford Law School
Job Number: 84370
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
Alumni Relations is part of External Relations, a collaborative joint department, comprised of a fundraising group and an alumni relations group, which operate together to build and maintain relationships with Stanford Law School alumni, parents and friends to advance the school's mission.
The Alumni Relations Coordinator works with alumni volunteers, students, faculty, the Stanford Law School Office of External Relations, and other law school and University colleagues to implement activities, programs, services, and communications that reach, serve and engage alumni. Reporting to the Associate Director of Alumni Relations, the Alumni Relations Coordinator will work closely with the Director, the team's Assistant Directors, and administrative peers, to fulfill the duties associated with providing support to the team, focusing on basic administrative services and event support, including marketing communication and social media.
We seek a candidate who is thorough, efficient, and reliable in his/her/their work product. Sense of humor, strong communication and writing skills are a must.
- Provide excellent customer service to alumni and others in response to phone, email inquiries, and requests for information.
- Assist with coordination of program and event logistics; manage and track RSVP and invitation process for Alumni Relations events, including law chapter events, affinity programs, Board of Visitors meetings, and Alumni Weekend; refresh invitation lists; create registration modules, execute on and manage pre- and post-event communications, including social media.
- Coordinate on-site registration for large programs, including Alumni Weekend.
- Pull, compile, and maintain relevant reports to produce supplemental materials, like name tags and guest lists for programs, contact lists and bios for key volunteers.
- Produce and distribute promotional materials in print and online, including invitations, web postings, social media, and communications calendars.
- Assist with tracking expenses, processing payments, variance reporting, and submitting and paying all purchase requisitions and invoices on a timely basis.
- Compile, track, and enter data about alumni participation and volunteerism.
- Provide program and administrative support to alumni relations team.
- Oversee student workers and temporary/casual workers to assist with clerical tasks such as data entry, errands, and mailings, as needed.
- Build a network of relevant contacts, and stay informed on current university initiatives and activities.
- Update the Alumni Weekend and Alumni Events portions of the website.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and one year of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. A strong desire to work in an alumni relations environment and a willingness to learn about alumni engagement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle tasks simultaneously, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems. Marketo, PostGrads, and html experience a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License.
- Constantly perform desk-based tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- May work outdoors.
- Possible travel within the Bay Area.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 3491
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 84370
Location: School of Law, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency