Job Number: 84359
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a broad and complex set of assignments related to the duties and responsibilities in support of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs within the Provost's Office. This includes: providing advanced, diversified administrative support of a substantial and confidential nature, anticipate the needs of the Vice Provost and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. Work is performed autonomously, without specific instructions or prescribed procedures, and with delegated authority to exercise discretion and judgment regarding matters of significance on behalf of the Vice Provost. In addition, the incumbent will serve as back-up support for the Provost as needed.
- Coordinate the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs' activities, including management of a complex calendar, travel arrangements and associated logistics. Independently commit the Vice Provost's time to those requesting access to him/her based on an in-depth understanding of the Vice Provost's priorities and needs and his/her role within the university framework.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics for meetings and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including executive and senior level staff, donors, and government officials.
- Serve as the Vice Provost's liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the Vice Provost informed of all matters requiring his/her attention.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the Vice Provost; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Organize and maintain the workings of the Vice Provost's office. Take responsibility for filing systems and ensuring all pertinent information and supporting materials are retained. Direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments.
- May also supervise staff.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated extensive high-level administrative experience supporting executive level individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
- Contextual understanding of Vice Provost's role within the university framework.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications including calendaring applications.
- Ability to plan and host events as needed including evening events
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- May work flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4161
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 84359
Location: Office of the Provost, Stanford, California, United States
Classification Level: $Level
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency