Assistant Director, Enrollment
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is among the finest graduate schools of social work in the country. GSSW currently has a competitive PhD program and offers a Master's of Social Work degree at three campuses in Denver, Durango, and Glenwood Springs as well as a new [email protected] online program. The GSSW is a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work, all within a facility that supports the best educational practices. Our mission is to foster social responsibility regarding social and economic justice, quality of life and multicultural communities, based on equality for all people.
The Graduate School of Social Work is accepting applications for two Assistant Director of Enrollment positions. The Assistant Director of Enrollment at the Graduate School of Social Work reports directly to the Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid and will have first level enrollment duties and responsibilities for main campus, online and Western Colorado admission and operations functions. Duties will include developing original descriptive data analyses and assessment tools related to GSSW strategic enrollment initiatives for all program cohorts. The Assistant Director will be responsible for developing strong relationships with external and internal organizations, GSSW faculty, administrators, students and alumni. In addition, the Assistant Director will develop and implement prospective student pipeline initiatives, recruitment operations and yield events.
[email protected] Online Program Advanced Standing and Two-Year Cohorts
- Enrollment teams liaison to 2U, GSSW's primary online stakeholder, on all matters related to enrollment operations and technical data integration requirements related to GSSW's online interests.
- Co-manage the overall admission, selection and yield initiatives established by the Executive Director.
- First level application reader and make higher-level admission recommendations to the Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid.
Main Campus Programs Advanced Standing and Two-Year Cohorts
- Co-manage the overall recruitment, admission selection and yield activities established by the Executive Director.
- Read, evaluate and make higher-level admission and financial aid recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement strategies for effective use of digital tools for virtual outreach, recruitment and yield activities and events, including initiatives targeting underrepresented populations.
- Develop and analyze longitudinal empirical data, reports and surveys from multiple sources to inform and improve the effectiveness of conversion rates along the admission funnel.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid in developing an annual enrollment plan aligned with GSSW's strategic enrollment goals for its online program. Review the statistical elements of the plan on a quarterly basis to assess progress and advise the Associate Director of refinements and enhancements to the plan.
- Primary manager for recruiting and enrolling all military veterans.
- Advise and engage students on admission and financial aid topics and resources.
- Conduct informational meetings online, on and off campus and answer questions regarding the admission process, financial aid and the GSSW student experience and career opportunities.
- Develop and execute in-state, out-of-state and virtual events in support of diversity recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
- Travel is required as well as the ability to work evenings and weekends for the purpose of recruiting prospective students, reading admission applications, and participating in the work of the Admissions Selection Committee.
SLATE CRM Data Research, Assessment and Analysis
- Co-liaison to the Office of Graduate Studies for the technical development and enhancement of SLATE functionality and system performance.
- Design and conduct original enrollment, analytical and reporting tools for visualization of changes and trends in main campus, online and satellite programs.
- Design and implement weekly reports that provide demographic and academic profile characteristics of applicants.
- Develop ad hoc historical enrollment trends data reports in Slate and Banner for the Associate Director on demand.
- Assist in developing an annual qualitative and quantitative report of final enrollment results as they relate to the strategic enrollment plan.
- Co-manage all imports and exports between Banner, Salesforce and SLATE source data.
- Co-manage GSSW faculty, administrator and student user systems access requests.
- Develop exceptional technical knowledge of Elucian Banner, the SLATE platform and online best practices by attending annual conferences and workshops.
- Support the Executive Director to develop and execute digital and SMS campaigns for the purpose of recruiting and enrolling prospective students in all GSSW programs.
- Analyze and report the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns to all populations and their conversion rate along the enrollment funnel.
- Supervise a team of student staff.
- Other duties as assigned to include, in the absence of the Associate Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid, delegated authority to oversee the daily operations of the admission office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Technolutions SLATE, Elucian Banner and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated high levels of analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent understanding of highly selective admission processes and online enrollment systems.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and groups and embrace inclusive excellence principles and values.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to professionally and effectively present information in a variety of settings.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret enrollment report data and departmental procedures and policies.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to make appropriate and independent decisions regarding delegation and coordination of complex tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of enrollment experience in a higher education setting.
- Master's degree.
- 3 years of graduate enrollment experience at a highly selective college or university.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 16, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.