Director of Compliance & Associate Business Manager
POSITION: DIRECTOR, COMPLIANCE & ASSOCIATE BUSINESS MANAGER
New Jersey City University, a NCAA Division III member of the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC), is accepting applications for the position of Director of Compliance & Associate Business Manager.
Reporting to the Associate AD for Internal Operations and Associate Vice President & Director of Athletics, this position is responsible for, compliance/risk management, sport oversight, financial management, gameday management, forecasting and reporting, and the execution of university, department and internal unit policies and procedures.
Director of Compliance & Associate Business Manager will have autonomy to develop, create, and deliver engaging and dynamic rules education programming. The position will also work with the Associate Athletics Director for Internal Operations to develop, draft, and propose NJCU and NCAA legislation. Additionally, the Director of Compliance & Associate Business Manager will serve as the primary sport contact for all athletics programs to provide rules interpretations and assist in other areas and provide business administrative support to all units and programs.
Compliance & Eligibility:
- Review, interpret and monitor university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Communicate, advise and instruct coaches, staff, student athletes and representatives of athletic interests.
- Work closely with the Rising Knight Institute to certify eligibility records.
- Coordination of day-to-day compliance activities.
- Serve as liaison with multiple offices on campus; registrar, financial aid, housing, admissions
- Provide legislative and interpretive guidelines for institution.
- Develops comprehensive NCAA rules education program
- Prepares NCAA rules education document for monthly Coaching Staff/Compliance Meetings
- Prepares and delivers NCAA rules education annually to all student-athletes
- Prepares and delivers NCAA rules education annually to all athletic department staff
- Monitors potential and proposed changes to NCAA legislation
- Assist the Associate AD for Internal Operational in all functionality aligned with the internal unit for NJCU
- Assist in the implementation and oversight of policies and procedures related to financial management & business
- Assist in the creation and implementation of budget projections and forecasting as assigned by the Associate AD
- for Internal operations or the Director of Athletics
- Assist the Director of Facilities in the execution of an effective gameday/event management experience
- Institute and manage an employee-friendly onboarding process for all new employees
- Provide guidance and support for housing, recruiting, academic scholarship, and financial aid related matters.
- Strong and proven leader with previous managerial experience
- High integrity and morals
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to demonstrate flexibility and work with various campus and community programs/partners
- Demonstrate the ability to gain knowledge of and adhere to all NCAA, conference and institutional rules governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics, particularly regarding financial matters.
- Ability to work with internal departments and clients regarding operational and financial issues. Well-versed in financial systems.
- Problem-solver with the initiative and follow-through skills; tact, diplomacy, and judgement in dealing with students, parents, faculty, and administrators.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in higher education, sports management, business, counseling, social work or
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s with five plus years of experience in collegiate athletics or related field.
REQUIRED: Letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: 8/28/2019