Human Resources Officer, CGHP
Human Resources Officer, CGHP
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Human Resources Officer - Center for Global Health Practice (CGHP)
The Human Resources Officer manages human resource and employment matters for the Center for Global Health Practice or more moderately sized or moderately complex units. S/he Interprets human resources policies and procedures and advises the Country Directors, faculty and staff both in country and external on their implementation. The incumbent interviews and refers candidates for non-academic positions and processes paperwork for faculty appointments as required. The HR Officer also facilitates the paperwork for the Center's leadership and staff while providing guidance to managers and supervisors in the use and application of salary ranges and increase guidelines, job evaluation plans, classification of new positions, changes of status, transfers, promotions, performance appraisals, salary reviews/adjustments, and terminations. S/he counsels and coaches managers, supervisors, and staff in resolving problems and grievances. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
HR Policy and Procedure Related Duties
- Serves as primary resource to the assigned area of responsibility in the processing of HCM transactions in accordance with University and Campus financial and HR policies.
- Maintains working knowledge of University HR polices contained in the online manual, campus centered policies, financial policies, GMS business processes.
- Reviews supporting documentation for requested payroll and personnel transactions for sufficiency and compliance with University HR and Financial policies.
- Responsible for the successful verification of the I-9 process for faculty and staff.
- Facilitates the lifecycle of a personnel or payroll transaction, ensuring transactions are initiated, managed. Keyed and documented properly.
- May act as the timekeeper for some supervisory orgs.
- Coordinates VISA Applications for faculty and staff in compliance with the Office of International Services.
- Identifies training gaps and performance and develops training plans. May develop and assist in training programs.
- Responsible for responding to initial (First-line/tier) on HR related questions acting as a triage point of contact making appropriate referral to either the Client Services Partner assigned to the Medical Center or the Sr. Director Human Resources Administration - GUMC.
- May act as the Center recruiter for the hiring process of new employees using the GMS online recruitment system. May transfer the recruiter role between designated employees as appropriate.
- Provides on-boarding for faculty and staff, to include applicable on-boarding checklist and department procedural documents.
- May assist in the coordination of generating position descriptions and associated paperwork for the business process of recruitment, reclassification, salary adjustments, new hires, additional jobs, stipends, acting pay
- Will process employee terminations for all employment categories, Coordinates payments with Payroll, communicates as appropriate with benefits, HR, Finance.
- Works closely with the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs to ensure the thorough, accurate and timely processing of faculty applications, promotions, transfers, and transactions relative to the academic appointment history.
- Performs periodic review of faculty records to ensure status is updated.
- Uploads appointment documents, letters, etc., into GMS, working closely with the Office of Faculty Affairs, the Director of Academic Records and Data Management and the Academic Appointments Coordinator, and Sr. Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs to ensure the accurate recording of academic data and faculty information.
Data and Financial Reporting
- Runs reports monthly to verify the accuracy of employment data. Works closely with Center Administrator and Finance Partner, to verify costing allocations, compliance reporting, expiration dates, missing IP data, terminations, I-9 Compliance.
- Participates in the budget development process. Works within the GMS Position Budget process to track the accurate portfolio of fiscal human capital as assigned to the department.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Attends conferences and training workshops as required.
- Maintains updated departmental policies ensuring compliance with University HR policies.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of human resources experience required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Prior knowledge of WORKDAY or GMS systems is also preferred but not required
- Experience in international HR policies and country labor laws is required
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Human-Resources-Officer--CGHP_JR05491
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency