Center for Korean Studies Program Coordinator
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Jul 10, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part-time Temporary
Ref. No.:: 03191
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: $29,856 (part-time, 70%, temporary)
This is a professional staff position reporting directly to the Director of the Center for Korean Studies (CKS). This position is 70% FTE, 12 months, and temporary. The Program Coordinator of the CKS is responsible for assisting the Director related to the Center's grant projects and research activities, event and outreach planning, strategic administrative work, and international programs. This includes managing the Center's administrative and program budgets, assisting with the development and implementation of the Center's policies and procedures.
Grant Projects and Research Activities
- Assisting the Director related to the Center's grant projects and research activities
- Draft the Center's periodical institutional/grant reports to relevant academic units and external sponsors
- Seek internal and external funding opportunities for the Center goals; daft all kinds of grant/funding proposals
- Develop and oversee the coordination of regular lectures, colloquium series, and other academic events
- Daily administrative and promotional needs of the CKS office
- Monitor the center budget, track expenditures, travel reimbursements, revenues and requisitions for purchase orders
- Coordination of the personnel and business aspects of the center, including personnel documentation and HR Forms
- Monitor and process invoices/expenses and donations; and reconcile reports of activity on various accounts
- Manage Korean Studies Listserv at the University
Event and Outreach
- Ensure that all program planning components are in place, including logistics, scheduling, budgeting, communication and assessment
- Attend managed events in order to assist with on-site management, setup/breakdown, staff, volunteer and vendor coordination
- Design and print posters and flyers for events
- Make advertisements and announcements of events and activities in/outside of the University
- Communicate with applicants to Visiting Scholar Program; process the applicants to get a Visiting Scholar Status with relevant university units
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- Native or near-native proficiency (verbal and written) in both English and Korean languages
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel and to observe a variable schedule, including occasional weekend events
- Instructional experiences with a culturally diverse population
Budget and project management experience preferred
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: July 24, 2019
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.