Department:: Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: May 22, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 01124
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Assistant for Institutional Research (SL-3)
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) at Binghamton University is seeking a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Institutional Research and is responsible for supporting a wide range of activities required of the Office of Institutional Research. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and submitting Federal, State and Institutional data requirements
- Managing/data cleaning/data merging/data verification of large scale student, employee, and course database
- Completing and/or coordinating reports and surveys for external agencies and organizations
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information
- Developing and conducting survey research in response to institutional needs
OIRA is in charge of producing official reports to various external agencies, and is also in charge of rolling out reports and dashboards to a broad set of colleges and offices on campus. As such, the Data Analyst plays a significant role in making sure that data and information produced by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment is delivered accurately and efficiently, internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics or other related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using Excel in creating pivot tables and charts
- Experience using statistical software packages such as Base SAS/R/STATA/Enterprise Guide
- Excellent attention to details with an unfailing commitment to accuracy and internal consistency
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to attend to details with an unfailing commitment to accuracy and internal consistency
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to broad audiences
- Master's degree
- At least 6 months' work experience in Higher Education/Institutional Research
- Experience using Qualtrics survey software
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Basic business knowledge related to institutional effectiveness assessment
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 6, 2019
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.