Senior PlumberTracking Code386-280 Job Description
Performs skilled tasks in the operation and in the diagnosis, maintenance, repair, renovation and installation of plumbing systems and equipment, including potable water, sewer, reclaimed water, sprinkler, and domestic hot water systems. Incumbent exercises the use of independent judgment in the evaluation of Plumbing systems and the recommendation of repairs.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks such as checking equipment operation, cleaning, servicing, and repairing Plumbing equipment and systems, consistent with contemporary standards of good practice.
- Responds to plumbing complaints, diagnoses problems, identifies solution, and corrects, including repairing leaks, unplugging clogged pipes and repairing other non-functioning plumbing. Repairs, rebuild or replaces faucets, water closets, urinals, lavatories, showers, bathtubs, drinking fountains, circulation pumps, water heaters, reclaimed water and sprinkler systems, sump pumps and valves and drain, sewer and water lines. Defines quality of work to be performed.
- Remodels existing plumbing to adapt to new needs and installs new systems and system components.
- Advises supervision on upgrading/replacement needs of plumbing systems and related components; and assists in the development of recommendations for their purchase.
- Effectively plans and performs in a multi-task environment, and meets self or pre-imposed objectives and deadlines. Exercise the use of independent judgment.
- Maintains an effective working relationship, both inter and intra-departmentally, as well as with applicable government constituents.
- Participates on Quality Improvement Teams, as assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training guidelines, testing procedures and programs for the Maintenance and Building Systems group and performs individual and group training as an instructor.
- Prepares time and material estimates as required for facilities renewal, maintenance and renovations.
- Assists in new construction documents review, providing recommendations, and may be selected to serve on Quality Assurance Teams overseeing General or Sub Contractor performance on new construction.
- Submits building permits with the City, as required, ensures compliance of permitted jobs with applicable codes and regulations, and coordinates City interim or final plumbing inspections.
- Assists in the oversight of outside vendors and contractors to assure their compliance with contractual obligations.
- Responds to student and other groups issues in a supportive, professional, timely and problem solving manner.
- Abides by and complies with University policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as assigned.
Minimum Education: HS Diploma/GEDRequired Skills
- Ability to use hand tools with differing degrees of complexity
- Valid Florida Drivers License and an insurable driving record
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to prepare time and material estimates
- Ability to read and interpret plumbing blueprints and drawings
- Available to work all hours for emergency services; overtime and rotating shift work
- HS Diploma/GED supplemented by two (2) years of vocational training as a Plumbing mechanic
- State Certified Plumbing Master's License
- Ten (10) years hands-on experience in the operation and in the diagnosis, maintenance, repair, renovation and installation of plumbing systems and equipment, including potable water, sewer, and domestic hot water systems
- Demonstrated track record of performance in a multi-building facility and strong working knowledge of contemporary plumbing systems maintenance and construction practices.