Lecturer CC, (Sustainable Agriculture)
Title: Lecturer CC, Sustainable Agriculture
Position Number: pending
Hiring Unit: Academic Affairs
Location: Windward Community College
Date Posted: November 23, 2018
Closing Date: Continuous - application review begins November 23, 2018
Salary Information: Minimum $1,600/per credit hour
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Other Conditions: For lecturer applicant pool. Part-time, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the Discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of department chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- Duties and responsibilities may include work with multi-media presentations and distance education instruction.
- As listed, all minimum qualifications must be from institutions accredited by recognized US agencies and met by the effective date of appointment. SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE: (a) Master's in agriculture, botany, tropical plant and soil sciences, biological engineering, molecular biosciences and bioengineering, natural resources, natural resources and environmental management, tropical conversation biology and environmental science, biological sciences, or ecology; or (b) Bachelor's degree in agriculture, botany, tropical plant and soil sciences, biological engineering, molecular biosciences and bioengineering, natural resources, natural resources and environmental management, tropical conservation biology and environmental science, biological sciences, or ecology and 3 years related work experiences.
- Teaching experience at community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in curriculum development.
To Apply: Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Submit the following documents by the closing date:
2. Cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications of the position; and
3. Copy of official transcript(s) verifying minimum educational qualification and course work to date, with confidential information (i.e. SSN, date of birth) redacted. Academic record/grade summaries, diplomas, and unofficial online transcripts will NOT be accepted. Transcripts issued outside the United States of America must include a course-by-course analysis verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA, from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Applicant is responsible for expense of evaluation. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire if selected.
Email: [email protected]
EEO/AA, Clery Act, ADAThe University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/