Title: Lecturer CC, English (Writing) - Summer 2021/Fall2021/Spring 2022
Position Number: pending
Hiring Unit: Academic Affairs
Location: Windward Community College
Date Posted: April 28, 2020
Closing Date: Continuous - application review begins May 13, 2020
Salary Information: Minimum $1,671/per credit hour
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Summer 2021/Fall2021/Spring 2022, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. This includes Early College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the Discipline and/or Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of department chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- Duties and responsibilities may include work with multi-media presentations and distance education instruction.
- As listed, all minimum qualifications must be from institutions accredited by recognized US agencies and met by the effective date of appointment. ENGLISH (Writing): (a) Master's in English; or (b) Master's in English Composition; or (c) Master's in Fine Arts (Creative Writing).
- Teaching experience at community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in curriculum development.
To Apply: Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach the following required documents:
- Cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications of the position; and
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and coursework to date appropriate to the position. (Copies of transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Academic record/grade summaries will NOT be accepted. Diplomas and copies will NOT be accepted.) Transcripts issued from an institution outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are deemed incomplete if materials are unreadable. Materials submitted become property of the College and will not be returned. All minimum qualifications must be met by effective date of hire.
Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Email [email protected]
Windward Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, or disability in its programs and activities. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please contact: Human Resources Manager, EEO/AA Coordinator, Title IX Deputy for Employees at 808-235-7404; Title IX Coordinator at 808-235-7468; Section 504 Coordinator at 808-235-7448.
EEO/AA, Clery Act, ADA
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/
, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/