Academic Advisor II
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-30
Job TitleAcademic Advisor IIAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentOffice Of Academic AdvisingProposed Minimum Salary$2,780.17 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Academic Advisor II, under general supervision, advises students concerning their educational and career goals, academic requirements, and related personal concerns: provided information on and refers student to University resources hat can assist in meeting their needs or solve problems; may supervise projects.
This position typically works Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. May work beyond normal office hours to include evenings, weekends, and peak times. Travel my be required.
- Provides academic advice and guidance to students through one-on-one appointments, walk-in meetings, and group sessions on degree programs, academic policies, , course schedules, and academic planning. Assists students with adds/drops, withdrawals, and changes of curriculum. Reviews academic records and test scores on file for proper course recommendations.
- Monitors student progress and degree requirements. Verifies completion of degree requirements for degree referral.
- Refers students to resources pertaining to enrollment, professional concerns, housing, student financial aid, student services, academic preparation, time management skills, handling test anxiety, and study skills.
- Responds to inquiries from students and parents.
- Meets with students during new student orientation. May create and deliver presentations to new or prospective students.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with faculty/staff, and University departments.
- Participates in events, activities, and programs that foster retention and graduation of students.
- Maintains accurate records of student contacts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigne
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field and two years of related experience in advising and recruiting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of student information systems, degree planning, and degree audits.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.