Records Specialist II
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-25
Job TitleRecords Specialist IIAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentOffice Of The RegistrarProposed Minimum Salary$13.01 hourlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Records Specialist II, under general supervision, sets up, controls, and maintains University files. Develops and updates records management policies and procedures.
- Sets up, controls, and maintains files for current and terminated University employees. Reviews, edits, and reconciles discrepancies in records.
- Coordinates record retention requirements as specified by the State. Develops and updates record management policies and procedures.
- Provides resources for document imaging processing, such as web resources, training, access forms, and documented processes.
- Maintains and trains others on the use of specialized record storage systems.
- Supervises student workers that image documents. Designs imaging work flows for more efficient document processing.
- Reviews data entry, data retrieval, and data searches. Accountable for imaging system security and setting up, monitoring, and deleting access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in applicable field and three years of related experience in a business environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.