Executive Director of Advancement
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-16
Job TitleExecutive Director of AdvancementAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentOffice Of University Advancement and External RelationsProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Executive Director of Advancement, reporting to the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations, provides leadership, strategy, assessment, and fiscal and administrative oversight of the Texas A&M University-San Antonio Advancement operation. A member of the division’s senior leadership team, the Executive Director brings an entrepreneurial spirit to evolving the institution’s donor cultivation and stewardship strategies including major gifts, corporations and foundations relations, alumni engagement, planned giving, advancement services and prospect research – aligned with the institution’s strategic plan, initiatives and priorities. In addition to managing a newly-formed advancement team, the executive director influences an institutional culture of philanthropy to effectively integrate operations within a strategic, complex, and evolving fundraising model as the university develops a comprehensive advancement operation, advise academic and administrative leadership and lead a development staff.
- Director of Alumni Engagement
- Development Officers
- Database Administrator
- Student Employees
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a related field welcome;
- Record of managing fundraising operations and advancement staff in higher education or similar experience in a complex organization; thorough knowledge of current fundraising techniques. Ten years of related experience is required.
- Understanding of contemporary philanthropy best practices and demonstrated ability of effectively integrating functions to develop proposals, case statements and donor cultivation models and related advancement and donor software platforms.
- Experience integrating operations within a strategic, complex, and evolving fundraising model as the university develops a comprehensive advancement operation, advise academic and administrative leadership and lead a development staff and demonstrated experience in the use of fundraising platforms in the use of donor cultivation and stewardship, data capture and assessment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, tax laws pertaining to gifts/donations, and grant availability raising techniques. Knowledge of higher education and/or nonprofit environments, trends and resources.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others; effectively communicate with diverse audiences and groups, internally and externally; excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms; planning, leadership, teamwork and organizational skills.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter explaining how experience aligns with role
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.