Asst. to VP of Student Affairs
Job Title: Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Department: Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Job Posted On: August 21, 2019
Job Start Date: TBA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Status: Permanent
Internal Search: Global Search
Job Post ID: 1232
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at The College of New Jersey seeks applications for an Assistant to the Vice President to work closely with and provide administrative support to the Vice President. The successful candidate will also perform professional functions using established department and College policies, procedures and guidelines. Among the responsibilities and duties of the position are:
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and supporting documents, attend meetings and create summary notes
- Make travel and conference arrangements and monitor travel expenses
- Coordinate the Vice President's calendar--working to ensure an efficient use of time, and working to assist the Vice President in time management while remaining visible to students, staff, faculty and stakeholders
- Interact with senior officers, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, trustees, community leaders and the public
- Prepare correspondence and other communications on behalf of the Vice President
- Maintain the budget for the Office of the Vice President and prepare appropriate documents for financial transactions
- Organize, schedule and coordinate division-wide events
- May monitor the work of student workers assigned to the office
- Participate in relevant committees. Track student/parent concerns and developments in student affairs; briefs the VP and/or affected departments; responds to student/parent concerns and/or refers to appropriate person for complete and timely response.
Requirements include a bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; higher education experience and knowledge of student affairs preferred. NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year to year basis.
This position is classified with the state title Professional Services Specialist 4. It is aligned with the Communication Workers of America (CWA) bargaining unit. Permanent appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a 4-month probationary period to assess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé, letter of interest to the link provided by September 9, 2019: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TCNJ&cws=41&rid=1232
Though review of application materials will begin September 9th, consideration will be given until the position is filled. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
To enrich education through diversity, TCNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TCNJ has a strong commitment to inclusive excellence, equity, and achieving diversity among our faculty and staff. We strongly encourage a host of diverse, intersectional populations and cultures to apply including, but not limited to, identities based on race, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, and veteran status.