UNIVERSITYOF COLORADO DENVER
JobDescription: Assistant or Associate Professor
BarbaraDavis Center for Childhood Diabetes
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Barbara DavisCenter for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado Denver is seeking alicensed or licensed eligible full-time Clinical Psychologist at the rank ofAssistant or Associate Professor. This position requires enthusiasm and visionfor outstanding research and clinical care in type 1 diabetes. At the Assistantlevel, thecandidate should have a strong track record of publications and grant funding inclinical type 1 diabetes research and at the Associate level will provideresearch mentorship to many of our junior faculty.
The BarbaraDavis Center for Childhood Diabetes (BDC) is the largest diabetes institute inthe world specializing in type 1 diabetes research and care for children andadults. Over 200 clinicians, clinical researchers, basic biomedical scientistsand supporting staff work at the BDC to find the most effective treatment,prevention, and cure for type 1 diabetes. The Center provides state-of-the-artdiabetes care to over7,000 children and adults with diabetes as well as inpatient care at the Children’sHospital Colorado. The dedicated Children’s Diabetes Foundation has generouslysupported the BDC mission, since 1977.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
Dutiesand responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- A commitment to an academic career in type 1diabetes research, clinical care and service.
- Creativity and independent vision to build newprograms.
- Providing outpatient clinical care for childrenand adolescents with diabetes.
- Participate in ongoing research projects andcompeting for new research grants.
- Participate in graduate training and teachingof pre-doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in faculty meetings and providecommittee service to the BDC Pediatrics division and affiliateddepartments/programs.
- Become an interactive member of the BDC Pediatricsdivision.
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Education: PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychologyor related field with US citizenship or permanent residency status
- Stronginterpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and congenially within adiverse research and clinical environment.
- Strongtraining in evidence-based treatments and research.
- Leadershipskills and vision for enhancing the clinical and research mission of the Center.
- At least 3 years of demonstratedexcellence in research, teaching, and clinical care in pediatric endocrinologywith a strong record of scholarly activity and peer reviewed publications.
- Establishindependent, externally funded grants
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Aug 19, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing