Adjunct/Part-time Faculty; Office of Intercultural and Educational Experiences
Adjunct faculty teach 1-2 classes per week. Classes are usually taught between 8:30 – 4:30 M-F. Selected candidates will work with the Program Director to determine a schedule.Pay RateVariesMinimum Experience/Education
Master’s degree in TESL, TEFL, linguistics, or other closely related field and one year experience teaching ESL/EFL.
UNC Charlotte also considers competence, effectiveness, and capacity, including, as appropriate, undergraduate and graduate degrees, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
Meet minimum qualifications with specific coursework in culture and society, educational foundations, second-language pedagogy, second-language assessment, and a language teaching practicum.
At least one year experience teaching in an intensive English program, preferably university-based. Experience with short-term and customized programs. Experience in teaching English for specific purposes courses.
• Prepare and teach assigned courses in a professional manner and attend all classes for which he/she is assigned
• Prepare and deliver lessons consistent with program objectives
• Contribute to creation of materials both individually and in collaboration with other instructors
• Develop and/or update course syllabus, SLOs, lesson plans, projects, or other student assignments based on program objectives
• Grade and record student assignments and assessments as required by the program
• Track student attendance
• Submit complete grade records, mid-term, and final student progress reports according to program requirements
• Attend meetings as the adjunct’s schedule allows
• Assist with orientation and placement testing
• Regularly check and respond as necessary to email/mail
• Follow University policies concerning employee conduct
• Attend on and off campus site visits with program participants as required
UNC Charlotte is accepting applications for adjunct or part-time faculty. These positions are temporary and usually involve teaching a particular course or courses for a specific customized programs. These positions are temporary and do not accrue benefits.
As an EOE/AA employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte encourages applications from all underrepresented groups. Applicants subject to criminal background check.
Adjunct Lecturers at the Office of Intercultural and Educational Experiences are classified under “EHRA Temporary Teaching” positions and are contracted for one term, renewable for future terms as the student population and placement demand.
Salary is established per program, and does not include health insurance, retirement or other benefits.
Finalists will be subject to a criminal background check.
Finalists will be required to provide an official transcript.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- HERC Job Board
- Local JobNetwork
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document