NIGHT PARKING LOT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
NIGHT PARKING LOT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Job no: 99780-AS
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Department:FP&M/TRANS SERV/CONST & MAINT
Categories: Custodial, Facilities, Skilled Trades, Maintenance, Transportation Services
This position is responsible for supervising and scheduling Transportation Service's Maintenance staff. The position will supervise operations of ramp cleaning and maintenance on campus and act as a liaison between the department and the general public. This position is responsible for the supervision of maintenance staff and offer support to Field Service 2nd shift staff. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the UW Program Specialist Supervisor, Field Services Manager.
The University of Wisconsin Transportation Services is committed to the highest standard of customer relations principles for its customers, fellow staff members and visitors. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behavior when working with customers and fellow staff members.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, Transportation Services, is committed to the highest standard of customer relations' principles for its customers, fellow staff members, students, and visitors. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with customers and fellow staff members.
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Degree not required.Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum 3 years professional work experience in custodial or maintenance supervision.License or Certificate:
Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license, have a motor vehicle record that meets UW Risk Management standards, and maintainability to drive State of Wisconsin owned vehicles.Additional Information:
1. Knowledge of the Madison campus and public parking areas and various types of parking permits issued such as, daily, annual, service, departmental, handicap and temporary.
2. Knowledge and understanding of business management, including management principles, as they relate to personnel, office management, and accounting and budgetary controls.
3. Skill in oral and written communications, including human relation and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to learn and enforce UW-Madison Transportation Services policies, procedures and practices.
5. Skill in organizing, making independent decisions, and maintaining confidentiality.
6. Ability to effectively handle difficult customer situations with appropriate conflict resolution skills.
7. Ability to use a personal computer to access, enter and edit program data and to use other software packages to record, analyze and summarize data.
8. Ability to effectively supervise the day-to-day activities of staff including the establishing of priorities, assigning individual staff duties, coordinating and evaluating performance, and ensuring the staff work together as a team.
9. Ability to lift, carry, and transport 50 pounds.
10. Ability to work under adverse weather conditions such as severe cold, extreme heat, rain, snow and ice.
11. Ability to work occasional days and weekends.
Working outdoors required much of the time (staff supervision, garage and ramp checks, facility overview and inspections, equipment management). Position may require daytime public meetings outside normal office hours.
A718330-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/TRANS SERV/CONST & MAINTWork Type:
Full Time: 100%Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $50,300 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter outlining relevant qualifications and experience.Contact:
BLDG/GRDS SUPERINTENDENT(R19DN)Employment Class:
Academic Staff-RenewableJob Number:
99780-ASThe University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://oed.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Jul 24 2019 Central Daylight Time
Applications Close:Aug 29 2019 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time