Part-time Sciences for Health Programs Assistant Lab Manager, Specialist
Job Status:Open Title:Part-time Sciences for Health Programs Assistant Lab Manager, Specialist Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Part-time Technical/Professional Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Sciences for Health Programs Pay Grade:PT2 Open until filled:Yes Job Location:Northwest Campus Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $17.87 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 28.5 hours per week.Description:
Science for Health Programs (SHP) provides a comprehensive health core and science foundation tailored to the curriculum requirements of myriad health science programs. SHP is seeking an organized, punctual and reliable Part-time Sciences for Health Programs Assistant Lab Manager, Specialist for up to 28.5 hours per week. This position assists the Academic Lab Manager with the daily operations of lab facilities and the coordination of lab activities within Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology and Chemistry during the evenings and on weekends. The Part-time Sciences for Health Programs Assistant Lab Manager, Specialist must be familiar with the safety and security procedures for laboratories and chemical hygiene in order to successfully perform the mandates of this position.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and standards.
- Meticulous preparation of laboratory activities to include the handling of microbes, fixed and fresh anatomical specimens and related chemicals using proper standards and techniques.
- Facilitate the needs of instructors before, during and after the lab activities including lab upkeep, set up and clean up.
- Assist Lab Manager with supply inventory, culture maintenance, personnel coordination and other duties as assigned.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Lab Manager, Sciences for Health ProgramsQualifications:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in basic science and at least two (2) years of laboratory experience is required.
Other: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A working knowledge of molar solution preparation, chemistry, microbiology and/or cell culture laboratory procedures, as well as experience with proper waste management, chemical hygiene and laboratory safety/security protocols and experience with 3D printing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Additionally, current letters of recommendation are strongly valued as part of our application review process and therefore applicants are encouraged to upload (3) three letters of recommendation with their other required application materials. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
All submitted materials will be routed for review to the following Job Contact:
Dr. Julie McGrath, Academic Assistant
Sciences for Health Programs
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 352-395-5706Required Documents:Letter of Intent, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts