Part-time Educational Aide, Perry Center Lab Assistant
Job Status:Open Title:Part-time Educational Aide, Perry Center Lab Assistant Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Industrial Biotechnology Open until filled:Yes Job Location:Perry Center for Emerging Technologies @ Alachua Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $8.50 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 25 hours per week.Description:
The Alachua Perry Center for Emerging Technologies at Santa Fe College offers a variety of degrees and certificates in health care and biotechnology that lead to high wage, high demand careers with outstanding opportunities for professional development. Programs include certificates, associate degrees, and bachelor's degrees. These programs are designed to be accessible to non-traditional students and are offered in response to the current industry needs of our community.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in the Perry Center laboratories, which include Microbiology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, and Clinical Lab Sciences
- Greet and assist students and staff participating in labs
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Prepare and deconstruct labs, maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Ensure cleanliness and safety
- Provide service of excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Lab Manager, Biotechnology ProgramsQualifications:
Required: Successful completion of one of the following courses: Microbiology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, or Chemistry. The Educational Aide must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College Student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours.
Other Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Students with additional laboratory or health sciences coursework.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, current class schedule and an up-to-date resume through the job portal to be considered for this position
All submitted materials will be routed and reviewed by the following Job Contact:
Eileen Monck, Academic Chair, Center for Emerging Technology
352-395-5321Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, SF Current Class Schedule