IT Analyst/Programmer for ERP Business Applications
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Number998563Functional TitleIT Analyst/Programmer for ERP Business ApplicationsPosition TypeStaffPosition EclassEP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit
The Enterprise Applications group within Information Technology Services is made of up of ERP Application Integration, ERP Operations Management, Document Management and Workflow Development, Data Management, and Information Security. Primary responsibilities include:
•Analysis of university client information system requirements and recommendation of best practice solutions
• Evaluation of marketed systems and development alternatives, and delivery of cost benefit analyses of available options
• Development and delivery of custom business systems tailored to specific university needs
• Installation and maintenance of vendor-supplied and locally developed systems
• Integration of diverse information system to improve operational efficiencies
• Ensuring the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficiency of these information systems
• Providing services and solutions that enhance the value of university data in support of informed tactical and strategic decision making.
The Analyst/Programmer for ERP Business Applications provides Banner and other ERP application troubleshooting and support to administrative business verticals. This position supports enterprise-level ERP applications supporting business activities in administrative business verticals such as Finance, HR, Payroll, Advancement, etc.. Tasks include application support and debugging, correcting production application/job and data issues, and other ERP support, maintenance, and development tasks. When required, the incumbent also works with ITS Business Analysts, functional users, fellow ITS analyst/programmers and architects, and other stakeholders to develop, test, and support ERP solutions in an Ellucian Banner and associated applications environment.Minimum Qualifications
Entry level with Masters; Bachelors and 0-2 yrs experience; or equivalent education/experience.
Experience with SQL, preferably Oracle SQL.
Experience with XML and HTML.
• Ability to analyze and effectively interpret technical requirements
• Experience with Java or similar object oriented language
• Experience with Java Script/jQuery
• Experience with data driven procedural programming language, preferably Oracle PL/SQL
• Experience with Web Services and JSON
• Experience supporting Ellucian Banner or other Higher Education ERP system
• Experience working with Git version control system
Applicants have the option to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of up to four (4) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the SpartanTalent system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur after the applicant has successfully submitted his/her application.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Banner and other ERP application troubleshooting and support to administrative business verticals (Finance, HR, Payroll, Advancement, etc.).Essential Tasks
Application support and debugging and correcting production application/job and data issues.Key Responsibilities Percentage Of Time20%Key Responsibility
ERP specification developmentEssential Tasks
Works with ITS Business Analysts to understand business requirements and develops and documents Banner and other ERP applications technical development specifications based on these business requirements.Key Responsibilities Percentage Of Time20%Key Responsibility
Banner/ERP testingEssential Tasks
Tests, debugs, and (where necessary) remediates Banner/other ERP solutions in support of HR/Payroll and Finance business needs, and works with the ERP Release Manager and other Its staff to maintain production currency of HR/Payroll, Finance, and associated modules in Banner.Key Responsibilities Percentage Of Time20%Key Responsibility
Back-up supportEssential Tasks
Provides backup support to ITS Analyst/Programmers charged with supporting Banner modules.Key Responsibilities Percentage Of Time10%Key Responsibility
Training material developmentEssential Tasks
Assists ITS training unit in development of training materials as needed.ADA Checklist ADA Checklist
R for Rare (0-30%), O for Occasional (30-60%), F for Frequent (60-90%), C for Constant (90-100%).Physical EffortHand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Sitting - FWork EnvironmentInside - CApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of this vacant position for which you are applying:
- NCAA Arts
- Arts Council of the African Studies Association
- Professional Job Board
- Social Media
- UNCGjobsearch website
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?