Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, this position is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, plumbing, general cleaning, and grounds maintenance).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preform all general maintenance requirements of assigned University/facilities in a geographic zone through work orders, preventative maintenance requirements, emergency calls, etc.
- Perform intermediate skilled work which can include; maintenance, repair, modification,
- Installation and construction, on one or more of the following maintenance work order: carpet and tile, filters, furniture, glass, locks, masonry, plasterer-painter, roofing and shades and blinds.
- Operate work truck and supervise accompanying personnel.
- Handle two-way communication with dispatch, other craftsman, supervisor and
- Communicate and coordinate work with other shop crews as necessary.
- Collaborate with school personnel regarding job requests and outcomes.
- Operate tools and equipment associated with the trade, as well as preparing them for
- Maintain accurate work order records and parts inventory. Maintain clean, safe and orderly work space.
- Evaluate equipment and initiates Inventory Control Form. Procure parts and services.
- Preform and Assist with work order assigned to include maintenance, carpet/tile, masonry, plumbing, electrical and civil work.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Performs other work related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team or with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of a trade.
- Some knowledge of the use and characteristics of common building materials.
- Ability to use and operate tools and machinery associate with trade; thorough knowledge of hazards.
- Working outdoors and in enclosed areas is required.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions on occasion.
- Some evening, night and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to push 50 pounds and lift 20 pounds. (Material handling)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.
NoneFort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com