Dean of Academic Affairs
Requisition Number19-0138 Post Date8/16/2019 LocationStudio School - Los Angeles, CA TitleDean of Academic Affairs Part TimeNo CityLos Angeles StateCA Career InformationWe appreciate your interest in Studio School's employment opportunities.
What to Expect with the Online Application Process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
•Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
•Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
•Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for currently available job openings. Studio School is a division of Hussian College Group. If you are a current Studio School and Hussian College Group associate, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
DescriptionThe Dean of Academic Affairs provides focused leadership for the School’s academics department by providing direct oversight to the school’s graduate programs and managing its undergraduate programs through the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies. This position is responsible for coordinating the graduate institution’s component of the strategic plan and increasing graduate school revenue and enrollment; the Dan of Academic Affairs will collaborate with organizational leadership to assist with the development of existing and new graduate programs that span multiple disciplines. This position is responsible for coordinating the graduate instructional programs that will assist the College in its quest to provide high-quality programs that will enable our students to acquire marketable job skills. The Dean of Academic Affairs will also possess the knowledge and interpersonal skills to work equally well with students, administration, regulatory agencies, and other institutions of higher learning while providing vision and leadership to the academic staff and faculty.
Major Responsibility Areas:
MRA #1. Graduate Academic Operations. Directs activities to ensure campus academic operations, as related to Graduate programs, are compliant with accreditation requirements.
• Enhance and support graduate student recruitment efforts
• Works with Faculty and the Dean of Academic Affairs to ensure that program offerings are routinely reviewed and updated for consistency and content.
• Communicates with advisory board members through meetings to ensure accreditation requirements are met.
• Monitors academic progress of graduate students and ensures they are counseled and advised as required
• Work closely with organizational leadership to assist with accreditation related activities that impact graduate education
• Maintains knowledge of the institution’s policies and ensures proper implementation
• Collaborates with campus stakeholders to develop class schedules which ensure student academic progress and completion of programs
• Collaborates with campus stakeholders to plan and implement student orientation
• Assist with maintaining, monitoring, and providing program, student and alumni data as related to graduate programs
MRA #2. Graduate Faculty Supervision and Development. Directly supervises and implements Graduate faculty development programs to ensure quality classroom instruction.
• Oversee graduate faculty selection, appointment, training, and professional development
• Conducts regularly scheduled Graduate faculty meetings and maintains minutes of each faculty meeting.
• Develops and monitors Faculty Development Plans (FDPs) for all Graduate faculty.
• Performs classroom observations and maintain appropriate documentation for Graduate faculty in accordance with company policy.
• Conducts quarterly Graduate faculty evaluations, in accordance with company policy.
• Develops and implements in-service and professional development opportunities for instructors.
• Maintains files for Graduate faculty credentials to ensure appropriateness of classroom instruction.
• Plans, coordinates and consults with the Vice President of Academics concerning all faculty credentials prior to any offer of employment.
• Conducts orientation for new faculty.
MRA #3. Graduate Student Services. Develop and implements programs and processes that ensure students have a supportive atmosphere to complete their programs and obtain jobs.
• Coordinate efforts across functional areas to provide recruiting, admissions, orientation, academic support, advising, mentoring and support services for graduate students.
• Ensures that Student Evaluations are performed each term.
• Maintains budgeted student retention and/or attrition rates.
• Collaborates with the Learning Resource Coordinator (LRC)/Librarian to ensure the school maintains appropriate holdings, databases, and periodicals for its Graduate programs.
• Plans and coordinates graduation ceremonies
• Ensures student attendance is monitored and documented in accordance with institutional policy and procedure.
• Ensures continuous communication with direct reports to monitor and proactively address any at-risk students.
MRA #4. Graduate School Administration. Ensures implementation of the organizations academic policies, programs and initiatives that facilitate academic communication, teamwork and involvement to maintain or enhance the student learning environment and continuously improve the overall quality of procedures and processes within the Academic Programs.
• In collaboration with other campus leaders, contributes to maintaining and revising the school’s Institutional Assessment and Improvement Plan.
• Works with the campus leadership team to ensure continuous improvement and quality for the school.
• Implements effective advisor groups, as well as, effective tutoring and mentoring programs.
• Ensures coordination and execution of graduation ceremonies for graduating students.
• Ensures proper coordination and implementation of campus activities and special events. RequirementsJob Requirements: The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience: Minimum of five years of academic leadership experience at the Associate Dean or Dean level. Experience leading and directing graduate programs. An established record of distinguished teaching. An established record of professional accomplishments as documented by publications, presentations, and/or executed projects.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
• Prepare and conduct effective presentations
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
• Relate to and work with all levels of the organization
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University
Share this job with your network: