Administrative Associate Sr. #999924
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
Reports to the Technology Department Chair; and performs administrative and office support activities for all Technology Department programs. Provides information to students, faculty, staff, and community. The Administrative Associate Sr. is responsible for the operation of the Technology Department. The Administrative Associate Sr. manages the day-to-day operations of the department, to include all clerical support.
Major Essential Job Functions:
•Maintain all inventory and budget for office
•Make and maintain all requisitions and purchase orders for the fiscal year
•Prepare all F3.2s for the Technology Department
•File, fax, and scan documents and records and open incoming mail
•Create documents and spreadsheets
•Validate and post full-time faculty’s and adjunct faculty’s current schedules, and licenses
•Answer clinic phone, retrieve and respond to messages
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or GED is required.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Three years’ experience in an office environment
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher) are required.
• Applicant must become a Texas Notary Public within six months of employment
• Must understand and practice confidentiality of student and patient information
• Must be a team player
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Ability to take initiative on projects
• Extensive word processing and Excel skills
• Internet research abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Experience with a Student Information System
• Knowledge of standard office software
• Ability to learn quickly and use good judgment to successfully complete work assignments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Administrative Associate Sr. must be willing to work 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday and be willing to work scheduled evenings for advisory committee meetings.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential functions of this job, work is typically performed in an interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
• Certificate or Associate Degree in Office Technology or similar field
• Experience in a higher education institution
• Experience in BANNER
• Microsoft Office certification in Word or Excel
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$27,016Work Hours Application Details Open Date08/02/2019Open Until FilledNoClose Date08/23/2019Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of secretarial/clerical experience do you have?
- 6 months of experience
- 1-2 years of experience
- 3-4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- No Experience
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Outlook)
- Cover Letter