Events & Movers
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
Job Description SummaryEvents movers will safely operate University vehicles to identify, remove, pack, transport or dispose of hazardous materials. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Saint Leo may identity other responsibilities of the position.Job Description
DUTIES & TASKS:
- Delivers and picks up a wide variety of materials such as mail, glassware, dry ice, incoming freight, stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment and other materials on a daily basis throughout the site and according to priority.
- Drives delivery trucks, adhering to safety precautions and Federal and State regulations ship as when delivering hazardous materials, which include but are not limited to radioactive chemicals.
- Maintains and inspects trucks as required in adherence to regulations.
- Deposits hazardous materials into proper receptacles and transports waste to appropriate disposal areas.
- Coordinates and schedules transportation, utilizing efficient delivery routes.
- Adheres to safety precautions when packing, unpacking, shipping, mixing, moving or cleaning equipment used with chemicals, biological materials or radioactive substances.
- Lifts and packs freight in delivery trucks safely and with knowledge of materials to be shipped.
- Operates a wide variety of equipment such as tow motors, pallet jacks, manual jacks and hand truck to move, store, pack or freight deliver.
- Checks shipping labels and transportation documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares paperwork associated with delivery or receipt of materials such as purchase orders, verifications of receipt, insurance forms, radioactive material reports, etc.
- Maintains delivery truck by checking and refilling fuel, oil and tires or arranging for necessary reports as required.
- May handle bio-hazardous and/or radioactive materials.
- Complies with all Saint Leo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designed.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Essential Personnel - may be required to work during weather and special events as designated by the University.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two or more years of related work experience.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgement and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- May require commercial license, depending on vehicle type and/or state law.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.