Senior Associate, ONeill Institute for National and Global Health Law
Senior Associate, ONeill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Senior Associate, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University Law Center
The Senior Associate will work on funded projects and/or academic research projects. Work includes the development of proposals and grant writing, scholarship and substantive project research. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the O'Neill Institute's Project Directors, faculty members, and Associates to conduct short-term advanced research projects, including legal and policy research on relevant national and global health law (e.g. public health law, international health regulations, health and human rights, etc.).
- Supervises Associates, Research Assistants (RAs) and student research on relevant topics. Projects will involve legal and policy writing and presentations, as well as participation in related conferences and events.
- Supports O'Neill Institute/ Global Health Law LL.M. courses to expand opportunities for experiential learning.
- Cultivates and helps manage relationships with external clients to help define and support student papers and evaluate work.
- Other work in support of the course development and execution will also be included.
- Doctorate, JD or JD/MPH
- Minimum of 4-8 years of health law and/or health policy experience required, with some supervisory experience
- Familiarity with both domestic and international health law topics
- Academic and working knowledge of research topics related to health law
- Ability to operate professionally and maturely in interactions with academic and other stakeholders
- Ability to work well as part of a small team, including leading and supervising staff and student work in a professional manner
- Strong academic credentials, including publications, are preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Senior-Associate--O-Neill-Institute_JR05692
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency