Coordinator Clinical Placement & St Teaching
TITLE: Coordinator Clinical Placement & Student Teaching
DEPARTMENT: School of Education and Human Development/HPER
REPORTS TO: Chair of the School of Education and Human Development
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is a full-time staff position as Coordinator of Clinical Placement and Student Teaching. The Coordinator reports directly to the Chair of the School of Education and Human Development on all matters related to student teaching, field and practicum experiences. The candidate must have a commitment to the effective administration of a strong and growing academic program of students, establishing and building partnerships with school districts, and collaboration with other schools and subject matter programs within the University.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with school districts in the Kentucky State University service area.
· Facilitate the student application process for student teaching and field experiences.
· Mange screening process and make recommendations of qualified students to the Teacher Education Committee.
· Placement of undergraduate and graduate teacher education students in field experience.
· Coordinate faculty screening committee assignments and process.
· Conduct the undergraduate student teacher seminar.
· Conduct cooperating teachers’ workshops prior to placements each semester.
· Recommend supervising teacher assignments to the Chair.
· Establish and maintain a field experience web site.
· Plan and conduct new teacher training annually.
· Manage issues with students and their placements as they may arise.
· Produce annual field experience newsletters.
· Attend, prepare and present appropriate reports for Teacher Education Committee meetings.
· Coordinator assessment and evaluation processes component of student date system.
· Manage and maintain accurate field experience component of student date system.
· Complete and present assessment of student teaching and field experience program.
· Assist with all internal and external reporting of data with the Chair.
OTHER DUTIES: Perform other duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree or doctorate preferred in Education/Administration with certification as a teacher/administrator in Elementary Education.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a teacher.
· Demonstrated understanding of and strong commitment to customer service
· Experience in working collaboratively with groups and individuals.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple computer programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
· Ability to design and publish a Newsletter
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Must be able to travel to schools within the service area
· Have a working knowledge of Kentucky Department of Education
· Some weekend work is expected
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.