Administrative Assistant I
TITLE: Administrative Assistant I
DEPARTMENT: B.R.E.D.S. Office for Enrollment and Scholarships
REPORTS TO: Director of BREDS Office for Enrollment and Scholarships
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Assist the Director of the BREDS Office for Enrollment and Scholarships with the daily operations of the BREDS Office for Enrollment and Scholarships. Provide support to director, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the BREDS Office and other are positive and productive.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· A minimum of a High School Diploma
· At least 2 years related work experience, an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
· Attention to detail
· Must have the ability to work flexible hours during peak times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Handling office tasks, such as filling, generating reports, setting up for meetings, and ordering supplies
· Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts
· Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel reservations.
· Screen and route phone calls to the appropriate party
· Greet and assist visitors
· Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
· Anticipate the needs of others to ensure a seamless and positive experience
· Manage tour scheduling, confirmation, and calendar
· Manage admissions email account
· Ability to coordinator multiple responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend and evening hours as needed.
· Must possess excellent customer service, written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programs, customer management systems, and campus management systems.
· Knowledge of all corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies applicable to the position.
· Ability to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
· Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, parents, and staff face-to-face and via the telephone contact.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment while travel is required
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.