Maintenance AideTracking Code200153 Job Description
Assists groundskeepers and horticulturalist in maintaining grounds. May operate motorized equipment as assigned. Performs other duties as required in a safe manner to assure an attractive campus setting. Mow, weed-eat, trash removal and other duties assigned by supervisor. Assist full time employees with projects and daily work when needed. Will operate motorized equipment and hand held power equipment. Must be able to assist with snow removal and adjust schedule when needed.Required Skills
- Physical ability to occasionally lift 50-100 pounds of supplies and equipment such as fertilizer, grass seed, mowers and debris
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record to be insurable on college insurance policy
- Job requires standing and/or walking for prolonged periods of time
- Position is required to work in adverse weather conditions during snow removal when necessary
- Ability to work with minimal supervision preferred
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience with commercial mowing and landscape equipment a plus. Any irrigation or chemical application experience a plus.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time