Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Shenandoah University’s Wilkins Wellness Center (WWC) is seeking applications for a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (CFNP). This is a part-time position located on our main campus in Winchester, VA.
Reporting to the Director of Wilkins Wellness Center (WWC) with consultation and Prescriptive Authority from the Medical Advisor, the Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (CFNP) has primary responsibility for management of advanced healthcare service including patient education on prevention of disease and illness. The CFNP supports the promotion of health and wellness information, and assessment of acute illness of the SU community by performing the following responsibilities:
- Provide nursing services including triage, assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and referrals related to health needs of the SU population.
- Coordinate and facilitate referrals.
- Refer patients to Counseling Services at SU as needed.
- Responds to emergency medical situations outside of the clinic
- Ensure proper follow-up care/services are provided.
- Proper maintenance and distribution of healthcare records.
- Be knowledgeable and stay up-to-date on health requirements of college students in Virginia.
- Provide billing information for services to WWC office manager.
- Appropriately communicate with parents, and/or other SU staff when necessary.
- Continually review and evaluate current procedures and institute change as needed.
- Participates in routine staff meetings for the Wellness Center.
- Master of Nursing from an accredited college/university
- Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in Virginia
- Board Certified Prescriptive Authority in Virginia
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider
The CFNP should have 3-5 years of NP experience in triage, assessment, and diagnosis of acute illness and injury. As an independent worker, the CFNP will be able to provide one-on-one instruction providing health education and information to the patient with managing his or her illness. Excellent interpersonal skills, motivation, adaptability, reliability, organizational and communication skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, knowledge of Microsoft programs, and willingness to learn new technology and programs are necessary for the success of the WWC CFNP. Experience in women’s and men’s reproductive health is required. Ability to address the health needs of diverse students from various cultures, sexual orientation/identification, and socioeconomic backgrounds is a priority.
*Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. All noted documents must be submitted in order to receive full consideration.
Click HERE to apply for this position. Then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
To apply for this job please visit shenandoahuniversity-openhire.silkroad.com.