Admissions and Recruitment Student Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Student Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitleAdmissions and Recruitment Student AssistantPosting NumberStu00671Recruitment TypeCCGA Students Only Position Summary Information Nature of Work
Assists members in the Office of Admissions with daily office work related to the recruitment and admission of new students. This is a 19½ hour per week maximum, part-time student position reporting to the Senior Admissions Counselor. The weekly schedule will be assigned by the supervisor in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled or dismissed early.Essential Duties
- Extend excellent customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Answer questions and provide assistance to visitors
- Prepare and file both digital and paper documents
- Complete office-related tasks including typing, copying, faxing, shredding, etc.
- Provides tours to perspective students
- Attends on-campus recruitment events hosted by the Office of Admissions
- Enters data into Banner
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Previous experience using databases, such as Banner
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
The College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date08/14/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?