Program Manager, Alumni Affairs
Job location: VA Herndon (Corporate)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-16
The Program Manager, Alumni Affairs will work closely with project teams to create, implement and evaluate alumni programs, initiatives, projects, events, and signature engagement opportunities that keep alumni connected to the university and creates value add for Strayer and alumni.
Position will also develop and coordinate initiatives that connect alumni with current students for mentoring, professional advising, and networking. The position will be responsible for expanding and managing the regional alumni chapter program. This consists of recruiting, training and rewarding alumni volunteers.
The Program Manager is responsible for facilitating communication and collaboration with multiple stakeholders to ensure successful development and implementation of alumni-related initiatives. The Program manger documents and analyzes results, develops related collateral materials and reports, and provides updates and metrics to key stakeholders and initiative leaders. Facilitates connections between alumni, regional campus teams, and current students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Alumni Advisory Board
- Establish an advisory council that represents the needs and interests of alumni and reflects the diversity of our alumni base
- Student Ambassadors Program
- Cultivate current students to become more active future alumni, outstanding university ambassadors, and volunteer leaders
- Align efforts with the Office of Student Affairs
- Volunteer Engagement and Management
- Train volunteers to perform at high levels and advance toward increasingly important levels of duties
- Recognize and reward volunteer performance
- Identify, track, and record information about our volunteer leaders
- Affinity Group Programs
- Develop and implement programs that offer value to Strayer alumni in their careers and personal lives
- Build alumni connections through programs that are based on their activities, affiliations, and interests
- Develop programs that embrace the diversity and complexity of our population
- Enhance existing programs that leverage all connections to Strayer through various affinity groups
- Implement a recent alumni program to engage our most recent graduates (within last 0 to 5 years), keep them involved, and encourage their volunteer service
- Regional Chapters Program
- Analyze the distribution of Strayer alumni across geographic regions and align resources to best support key alumni chapters
- Leverage Strayer faculty to deliver meaningful programming
- Explore new ways to strengthen our connection with and increase participation of alumni in priority regions
- Identify and retire traditions and programs that are no longer relevant, successful, or cost effective
- Career and Professional Development Program
- Develop mentoring activities and programs that partner current students with alumni for career and professional advice
- Implement a corporate partners program focused on identifying companies to recruit and hire Strayer University students and alumni for internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time jobs
- Coordinates across the university to coordinate, monitor, and measure initiatives related to alumni engagement and outreach.
- Captures and maintains meeting notes, deliverable timetables, and schedules to ensure organized, timely, and efficient execution of key initiatives.
- Assists in the development of internal and external communications and collateral about initiatives and results.
- Other duties as assigned
- Superb organizational skills, with a proven ability to develop organizational systems for complex processes and programs.
- Ability to communicate initiative statuses concisely, accurately, and professionally.
- Proven ability to measure, monitor, and communicate quantitative and qualitative results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey relevant messages clearly and concisely to key stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform under pressure with integrity.
- Ability to create and deliver timely, relevant reports and communications to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and follow-up on tasks.
- Advanced typing and general computing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Familiarity with commonly used process and program management tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to facilitate interdepartmental cooperation and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and information from multiple sources, and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to creatively overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Ability to work flexibly in an evolving environment, and to embrace and adapt to continuous change.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in operations, project management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with higher education processes and systems.
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree required
- Position typical office setting
- Must be willing to travel within the Washington, DC metro area and work out of both corporate offices.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Effectively communicate.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations.
- Strong mental acuity.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]