Coordinator of Workforce Development Sales and Outreach (PT)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Coordinator of Workforce Development Sales and Outreach (PT). The Coordinator of Workforce Development Sales and Outreach (PT) represents Edison State Community College in local workforce development efforts in Darke, Miami, Preble, and Shelby counties. The Coordinator of Workforce Development Sales and Outreach will consult and sell workforce training and needs assessments to area organizations.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application. Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Increase the awareness of the Center for Workforce Development and Education through community outreach. Includes attending community meetings at chambers, economic development and other organizations.
- Make sales calls and respond to inquiries and leads.
- Conduct company workforce audits and training gap analysis.
- Consult with industry and content experts to develop appropriate training package whether non-credit or credit.
- Develop training/workshops.
- Generate contract proposals, present to industry, follow-up on proposal
- Work with program development staff to secure qualified training staff and materials. Verify training schedule/location and materials with company and internal staff.
- Conduct training when needed.
- Contact customer after training to evaluate satisfaction.
- Share information from business contacts about their training interests, needs and emerging trends with college staff.
- Collaborate with staff to create a product mix that will provide local business and industry with the workforce training that meets their needs.
- Other sales/marketing related tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of the Center for Workforce Development and Education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Must be able to solicit business and present with confidence in a variety of industrial and business organizations. Training or teaching experience preferred. Experience with or a demonstrated understanding of manufacturing practices and processes preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, solve problems, and attend to the detail that will ensure customer satisfaction. Must follow a drug free workplace policy.
Familiarity with businesses within the Miami, Darke, Preble, and Shelby counties preferred.
Three to five years sales/training experience demonstrating improved performance preferred.
Required Educational Background:
Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Supervises following staff:
This position is 20 hours per week.
Schedule will flex depending upon the sales and outreach efforts.
Some evenings may be required.