Job Title: Groundskeeper/Masonry
Reports To: Grounds/ Outdoor Maintenance
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
The position performs regular and directed grounds and landscape maintenance, as well as necessary masonry work and outdoor maintenance on the forty-three acre main campus and twenty six acres at Desmond campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Landscaping projects, plantings, hedge trimming, lawn maintenance and snow removal
2. Masonry work such as minor repairs to walkways and steps
3. Repairs to railings, sign posts, fencing.
4. Power washing and painting.
5. Operating commercial mowers, bucket loader, bobcat, snow plows, sanders and all grounds equipment.
1. At least 4 years of experience with lawn and landscape maintenance and snow removal
2. Knowledge of proper planting and pruning techniques for trees, shrubs and flowers. Knowledge to identify plant species for proper care.
3. Knowledge of work methods equipment and procedures to assure health and safety standards and precautions are applied to work preformed
4. Good knowledge of hazards and applicable safety rules and regulations of equipment operation
5. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance