Assistant Manager (Part-Time), Digital Publishing, Department of Digital Publishing
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-14
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
The Assistant Manager works in close collaboration with Digital Publishing Administrator to plan, create, publish, preserve, protect, and measure the success of content distributed via Library Partners Press. The Assistant Manager helps showcase the ever-growing body of work that occurs as part of Library Partners Press' collaboration with its affiliated communities at Wake Forest University and a portfolio of partner-publishing platforms, including Wordpress, Pressbooks, Kindle, IngramSpark, Bibliolabs, Scribe, and others.General duties:
- Helps direct the workflow of manuscripts and art from submission through publication;
- Keeps close eye on production schedules for both print and ebook editions;
- Reports on sales
- Meets publication standards and expectations
- Helps with layout (artwork, page design, photography)
- Checks content and proofs for accuracy and errors
- Complies with ethical publishing guidelines
- Helps coordinate "special events" (such as readings and/or retreats)
- BA or BS
- Proven experience in publishing field
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Hands-on experience with MS Office, Google Docs and Drive, InDesign, Photoshop and other publishing tools
- Familiarity with print-on-demand platforms
- Familiarity with ebook creation and conversion
- Familiarity with social media best practices
- An eye for detail, multi-tasking, and prioritizing