Director of Career Services
The Director Career Management is responsible for directing career management, student advising and placement for MBA, MBA/MS and JD/MBA/MS students. Responsibilities include:
- Conceiving and driving the execution of strategies and programs designed to deliver outstanding, Professional Development & Employer Engagement skills to these students consistent with their goals, and leading to favorable placement outcomes.
- Engage proactively and strategically with potential hiring companies to understand their needs in terms of both job positions and critical skills for success in their companies.
- Giving companies access to our students through either on campus recruiting, posting jobs at Katz, referring them to our continuously updated on line student profile/resume book and/or working with them in a customized fashion that meets their employment needs.
- Driving career management participation in the admissions process to ensure that career goals, likelihood of placement, and achievement of overall student objectives are key considerations in the admissions process.
- Corporate or graduate university level placement experience or strong sales skills are required, along with outstanding leadership, management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive employer development and outreach plan to engage recruiters who are interested in hiring graduate students including international students
- Expansion of existing recruiting relationships by identifying employer’s talent needs and graduate students that can fill those needs
Excellent business savvy and an ability to break complex problems into manageable tasks are a must. Candidate must possess a superior ability to both conceive and drive execution of transformational strategies and process improvements that produce clear & measurable success criteria and an excellent ability to organize and prioritize both personal and staff time to lead to achievement of strategic goals. Ability to quantify outcomes and a high degree of comfort with numbers is essential. Experience with international employer development and placing international students preferred. Global travel will be required. An MBA is strongly preferred.