Fiscal Analyst 1
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleFiscal Analyst 1Job Description
To provide accurate and prompt processing, analysis and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Nature and Scope:
Works under close to general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor. Assists the accounting staff in a variety of duties and responds to specific requests from other staff for information regarding accounts receivable.Essential Duties Summary
1.Primary person responsible for accounts receivable including reconciliation and financial report analysis.
2.Monitor monthly balancing of accounts receivable including AR sub-ledger. Research issues and do correcting entries as needed.
3.Coordinate the AR process with other departments to ensure that all AR is accurately booked, recorded and received.
4.Prepare FWS payment documents, balance accounts with Financial Aid and do cash reimbursement requests
5.Prepare SWS payment documents, balance accounts with Financial Aid and do cash reimbursement requests.
6.Assist Accounting Supervisor with the management of the Federal grants and do DOE cash reimbursement requests.
7.Responsible for Business Office as well as coordinating the campus wide archiving process.
8.Primary backup for daily balancing for all monies received through the Cashier, CCE, Bookstore; including Accounts Receivable and NSF checks.
9.Provide backup in cashiering as needed during peak times and absences.
10.Running Start billing and posting.
11.Assist the Accountants during peak periods as necessary
12.Responsible for tracking Return to Title IV students including setting up payment plans and sending to collections.
13.Process Fund and Foundation bank deposit verification
14.Perform other duties as required.
Positions typically require a Bachelor’s degree, which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of accounting, auditing or budgeting. Professional experience may substitute for education but not usually for the credit hours. A Master’s degree in a financial related field, certification as a Public Accountant, Internal Auditor, Certified Governmental Financial Manager or Management Accountant can be substituted for professional experience.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or budgeting.
• Experience with Washington State Community & Technical College system, specifically in a business office or financial-related position.
• Extensive computer skills and knowledge, specifically in a Windows environment with Excel, Access and Word, and experience with accounting database systems.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and comply with OFM guidelines and Revised Code of Washington (RCW) rules.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize a variety of projects and assignments requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate highly complex and specialized technical information in understandable terms, to management, faculty and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people and values diversity.
• Awareness of own cultural values and biases.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Classified employees are represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.FLSASalary GradeNormally all new hires begin at entry-level on the salary range.Salary$3,052 - $3,964 Range 40 Posting Detail Information Posting NumberAS242POpen Date08/08/2019Close Date08/29/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
This is a full-time classified position. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Assuming there is a qualified pool of candidates, a minimum of 10 candidates may be referred to the hiring supervisor for consideration. Those selected for a final interview with the supervisor may be asked to demonstrate proficiency in appropriate areas.
Position closes August 19, 2019. POSTING CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 29, 2019.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you have experience in working with detailed budgets?
- * Describe your experience in the use of Windows, MS Office, and other software programs. Please include length of experience and where this experience was obtained.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity (i.e. Indeed.com, The Olympian)?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3