Applications Project Manager
Title:Applications Project Manager Position ID Number:2511 Posted Date:11/26/2019 Job Category:Staff Department:Information Services - HINS Position Status:Full-Time Staff Salary Range:$80,438-$100,547 Position Summary:
Applications Project Manager oversees assigned application and systems development projects of moderate to high complexity. This position is responsible for planning the project, assembling the project team, assigning responsibilities, and managing schedules and resources to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the project’s key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicate them effectively across the project team.
- Develop the project schedule and plan to ensure timely completion of the project. Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Obtain management and stakeholders’ agreement with the project plan and timeline, and advice of any obstacles or resource needs that may affect completion of the project as planned.
- Assemble the project team, identify resources from the Applications team as well as other Information services units and assign resources to development tasks appropriate to each individual’s knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Communicate project goals, monitor project progress, and adjust resources as necessary to keep the project on track.
- Manage project issues and risks and escalate to management in a timely fashion.
- Communicate the status of various projects, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements. Conduct user acceptance testing.
- Manage project resources from other groups and/or 3rd parties in a matrix environment. Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders’ expectations.
- Lead project meetings with a broad cross functional team to include Information Services and College stakeholders and business users.
Other duties as assigned by Team Leader of Project ManagementRequired Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, as well as 5 years as a Project Manager, managing progressively complex initiatives.
The Applications Project Manager must have experience managing the execution and implementation of software development projects with multiple integrations.
Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan. Clear and concise written and verbal communications are required.
The Applications Project Manager must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility and ownership and self-motivated with the ability to drive projects from inception to production.
Have a good understanding of Software development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Ability to communicate with Business and Technical staff
Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to project team members in adherence to standards, best practices and communication.
Advanced Degree, business analysis training and certifications, quality assurance training and certifications
Work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, and Content Management Systems.
Candidates with experience implementing and Enterprise Application and ERP projects are highly preferred. Understanding of Agile methodologies preferred.
Formalized Project Management and Training certification (PMP)Hours Per Week:40 Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae