Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-15
This position is a 20-30 hours/week with benefits, supporting the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
The Department of Medicine, in the University of Virginia School of Medicine, seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. The Administrative Assistant will support administrative and outreach efforts in the division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. The incumbent will be handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up meetings and reordering supplies.
- Provide general, clerical coordination to support office operations.
- Assist with arranging business travel, scheduling meetings, and supporting agenda management and expense tracking.
- Review and answer correspondence, as well as screen callers and visitors, which may include confidential matters.
- Provide administrative support for special projects
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree preferred
Two years of relevant work experience requiredThe University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.