Apple Technical Support Specialist
Apple Technical Support Specialist
George Mason University Information Technology Services (ITS)—located on the Fairfax, Va. campus—is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented applicant for an Apple Technical Support Specialist position within the Advanced Desktop Technologies (ADT) team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The primary focus of this position will be Desktop Support for macOS software and Apple hardware. The incumbent will also provide support to over 23,000 plus desktop and laptop computers (to include, but not limited to Dell, Apple, HP, etc. hardware); various peripherals, including printers, scanners and mobile devices; and all Mason supported software, including operating systems (macOS, Windows 10, etc.) and application software (Microsoft Office suite, etc.) across Mason campuses and other locations in Northern Virginia.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or a computer technology related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and interface with manufacturer’s technical support staff to affect a solution;
- Extensive, successful experience interacting with both coworkers and customers, resulting in high-quality customer support service; and
- Possess a working knowledge of most commonly used software products (e.g., Microsoft Windows OS, Apple macOS, Microsoft Office suite, other office productivity products, etc.) and ability to instruct customers in the basic use of these products.
- Experience using remote support tools like Bomgar to assist customers with technical problems;
- Experience installing Mac and PC components and a diverse number of software products, including installing boards, cards, hard drives and peripheral components;
- Demonstrated ability to partition hard drives, load software, load video and printer drivers, and optimize PC configurations;
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Microsoft SCCM, and Jamf Pro (Casper);
- Demonstrated ability working in data wiring closets to provide Ethernet connectivity;
- Working knowledge and understanding of Linux;
- Working knowledge and understanding of VDI (Virtual Desktops);
- Certifications and/or training from applicable hardware and software manufacturers;
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician 2017 (ACMT 2017) certification; if not currently certified, must be willing and able to obtain certification within four months of date of hire; and
- A+ certification; if not currently certified, must be willing and able to obtain certification within one year of hiring.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. Mason offers tuition waivers; telecommuting and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic, and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00827z at https://jobs.gmu.edu ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.