Peer Support Specialist / Child Care Worker
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TypeTemporary Staff (SHRA)Job TitlePeer Support Specialist / Child Care WorkerDepartment NameOBGYN-Horizons - 412480Vacancy IDS015271Position Posting CategoryHealth Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other)Hiring Range$15.00 – $17.00/per hourFull-time/Part-timePart-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?25Work Schedule
Flexible Monday through Friday schedule depending on clinical need for coverage. Some early mornings starting at 7:00 a.m. and some afternoon/evening hours required.
Position will last six months with opportunity to continue.Proposed Start Date09/03/2019Estimated Duration of AppointmentOccasional/IntermittentPosting Open Date08/15/2019Posting Close Date08/22/2019Description of Work
Staff member will be a peer support specialist located in our Raleigh, NC location. The staff member will provide peer support services while transporting clients for services, assisting women with accessing community resources, home visits if the patient misses appointments or group with the program.
The primary requirements for this position are three-fold:
1. The Staff member will provide childcare assistance (if needed, a second staff member will assist) for children whose parents are attending group programming and/or individual therapy sessions. The staff member will provide the care needed by children while in our childcare setting such as documentation of diaper changes, feeding, information regarding injury, and communicating behavioral and documentation changes. The children range in age from infants to age 5. The staff member will interact with mothers in supporting their children while in childcare.
2. The staff member will serve as an on-call responder to connect families to community agencies in a trauma-responsive manner. The staff member is responsible for providing emotional support for the family. The staff member will participate in weekly clinical treatment team meetings and individual supervision.
3. The transportation coordinator part of this position will be responsible for calling women clients to verify group and childcare attendance daily. In addition, the transportation coordinator will safely drive women and their children to the program location for the group. Also, the transportation coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the van is in good working condition and reporting any concerns to the supervisor on-site. Furthermore, the transportation coordinator will be responsible for making sure that the van is fueled/filled up at the state vehicle site on Garner Road, as well as turn in monthly mileage forms to the supervisor on-site. When needed, the transportation coordinator will bring the van to the UNC Fleet Management site in Chapel Hill for servicing.Education and Experience
Associate’s degree in a related Human Services discipline and two years of experience related to the area of assignment, or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Peer Support Credential required. Must have valid NC driver’s license.Special Physical and Mental RequirementsEqual Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoSpecial Instructions Temporary Employment Policieshttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/167656 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Optional and Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about the position opening?
- Employment Security Commission
- UNC General Administration Job Board
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Job Fair
- Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Personal Referral
- Society of Human Resources Mgmt (SHRM)
- UNC Online Job Posting