Research Assistant-Behavior and Child Development Lab
1. Currently admitted to the Graduate School
2. Be in good academic standing
3. Be registered full-time for the respective semester (nine semester credit hours during the fall
semester, nine semester credit hours during spring semester, six semester credit hours during the
summer session(s)), or in the required number of semester credit hours to fulfill the only remaining requirements on the degree plan.
1. Complete training on the Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research.
2. Conduct research/database searchers for articles and resources relevant to the research topic (i.e., epidemiology of Autism Spectrum Disorders; validation of screening instruments, etc.)
3. Attend regular team meetings.
4. Assist in project development.
5. Participate in data collection, entry, and analysis. Data collection might involve testing children and interviewing caregivers of individuals with developmental disabilities.
6. Use programs (e.g., Excel, SPSS) to analyze data and create graphs.
7. Interested applicants must be willing to make at least a 2-semester commitment.
Maximum appointment is limited to twenty (10) hours per week (25% FTE) during the Fall and Spring semesters.Discipline Specific Required Qualifications
Seeking a motivated graduate research assistant to assist with research projects that are presently being conducted in the Behavioral and Child Development Lab on the Edinburg Campus. This RA position is ideal for a graduate student who is interested in gaining experience in neurodevelopmental disorders research.Preferred QualificationsSalary Commensurate with experience.Number of Vacancies1Desired Start Date09/01/2019EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Open Date08/14/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted via the UTRGV application portal at http://careers.utrgv.edu.
If you are applying for the first time, please complete all biographical information including address, email and phone. You may update this at any time by selecting to edit your profile in the application.
A Criminal Background Check must be conducted for all applicants.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22253Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae