Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2492Job TitleADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATORDepartmentCareer ServicesSchool/Parent OrganizationStudent Affairs and Campus LifeDivisionStudent Affairs and Campus LifeEmployment CategoryFulltime-RegularAnticipated start date09/02/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week37.5Weeks Per Year52.20Normal Start Time08:30Normal End Time17:00Position/Job Summary
Perform administrative and office management duties in support of the comprehensive program of the Office of Career Services. Provide high-level customer service for all stakeholders, routinely including but not limited to student and employer interactions. Supervise student workers who perform receptionist and project-based tasks. Independently manage assigned events and recruiting-related projects. Provide administrative support for office staff.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Serve as a resource to current students, alumni, parents, prospective employers, and other visitors and callers to the Office of Career Services. Provide general information on services, programs, events, workshops, and seminars. Schedule appointments and student interviews; make referrals as appropriate. Provide coverage of reception/front desk functions.
2. Independently plan and coordinate all aspects of assigned events, including venue logistics, guest/employer registration, promotions, etc. Provide support to team members in the planning and execution of additional programs and events, as appropriate and prioritized in consult with the Executive Director. Provide support in managing event logistics, registration processes, developing collateral and programmatic assessment. Staff department’s programs as requested.
3. Provide support to team members in the maintenance of employer relationships and recruiting logistics, as appropriate and prioritized in consultation with the Executive Director. Assist in the management of postings/employers in Handshake, website content, on-campus visits and communications with recruiters. Ensure accuracy and integrity of all data.
4. Process budget-related transactions and maintain accurate records for all financial actions. Assist the Executive Director in developing and forecasting the annual budget, and in submitting budget related requests for approval.
5. Participate in the search and selection process for hiring student workers to be assigned to the Office of Career Services. Supervise and provide necessary ongoing training to student workers participating in receptionist and appropriate project-based tasks.
6. Maintain the office’s e-mail account, ensuring that all messages are acknowledged promptly. Triage incoming messages to ensure that the appropriate staff member is responding. Respond directly to e-mails as appropriate.
7. Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and project-based support for additional staff.
8. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the various department databases and student records; answer questions and provide assistance and serve as a resource to students, alumni and staff in accessing and using the various systems.
9. Ensure office operations run efficiently and effectively. Set up and maintain office files, correspondence and reports required for reference and efficient operation of the department. Ensure confidentiality and security of office facilities, equipment and records. Purchase and maintain inventories of supplies for the office. Monitor office calendars and ensure that facilities are appropriately maintained to provide a professional environment for visitors. Maintain accurate records and facilitate renewal of online and print subscriptions for the office’s library, as well as staff’s professional association memberships.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with students, alumni, staff, faculty and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive environment. Engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
11. Work cooperatively with faculty and administrators from across the campus regarding experiential learning options, recruiting and career development programs. Serve as Career Services liaison to assigned areas of the campus community and represent the office on campus committees; participate in additional assignments as designated by the Executive Director.Position/Job Qualifications
Associates degree and a minimum of two years previous office experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in managing projects and/or coordinating events preferred. Required: excellent customer service skills; team-oriented attitude; strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; excellent attention to detail; strong ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines and demonstrate flexibility; ability to work with different technologies related to online recruiting platforms, budget software, website content maintenance, etc. Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends in support of office programs.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$18.63-$23.75FLSA StatusNon-ExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16439Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).