Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2495Job TitleCATERING ASSISTANTDepartmentDining ServicesSchool/Parent OrganizationAuxiliary Services Parent OrgDivisionFinance and Administration DivisionEmployment CategoryParttime-TemporaryAnticipated start date09/03/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per weekvariesWeeks Per YearvariesNormal Start TimeNormal End TimePosition/Job Summary
Ithaca College Dining is seeking Catering Assistants to work various catering and concession functions on and off the Ithaca College campus. The Catering Assistant will provide table service (including taking orders), drape and cover service and seating tables, set place settings and will stock and replenish buffet lines, beverage containers, and other service ware. These positions are considered part-time, temporary and will be on-call as needed.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Drape and cover service and seating tables including bars.
2. Wait on tables for full service, buffet and family style events.
3. Provide service on buffet lines, concession stands (etc.) as needed.
4. Transport and stock catering supplies including food for events.
5. Wash dishes, service wares, work tables and equipment, service and seating areas for catering events.
6. Sweep, mop, clean and vacuum all catering areas and remove trash and garbage from catering events as needed.
7. Attend all required training sessions including allergy, foodborne illness, and safety training.
8. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful Ithaca College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.Position/Job Qualifications
Previous work experience is required. Willingness to adhere to food safety and service standards as set by Ithaca College Dining Services staff is required. Ability to read and follow verbal, written and electronic instructions while supervised is required. Previous experience in the food service industry is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service while working effectively within a diverse and inclusive environment is required.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$14.10 - $14.50/hourFLSA StatusNon-ExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?NoQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16481Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).