Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2493Job TitlePHYSICIANDepartmentCenter for Counseling, Health and WellnessSchool/Parent OrganizationCenter for Counseling, Health and WellnessDivisionStudent Affairs and Campus LifeEmployment CategoryParttime-RegularAnticipated start date09/16/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week12Weeks Per Year52.2Normal Start Time8:30 AMNormal End Time5:00 PMPosition/Job Summary
Provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based patient care to a diverse college student population. Perform a variety of professional medical services in the College Health Center to include the examination and evaluation of patients utilizing medical equipment, diagnostic testing, and other appropriate techniques. Prescribe medications and treatments and counsel patients as appropriate.Position/Job Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct history taking and examination of patients utilizing standard medical equipment. Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of patients.
2. Prescribe and administer medications.
3. Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures.
4. Carry out therapeutic procedures such as suturing and incision & drainage procedures.
5. Evaluate and treat patients with mental illness – within the scope of primary care practice.
6. Participate in pre-participation athletic physicals for intercollegiate athletes.
7. Provide medical instructions and advice to individual patients. Provide educational programming to classes and student groups.
8. Correspond with student’s home physician and local specialists regarding diagnosis and treament; follow up on patients referred to local hospitals.
9. Maintain appropriate and timely patient records per Hammond Health Center guidelines.
10. Assume evening and weekend responsibility for outpatient and observation bed patient care in the Hammond Health Center in rotation with other medical providers.
11. Maintain patients’ rights as prescribed by Patient Bill of Rights.
12. Attend clinician and staff meetings and retreats.
13. Participate in Quality Improvement activities and in health center and campus-wide committees.Position/Job Qualifications
Board eligibility or certification in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine, eligibility for New York State medical licensure, DEA number, CPR certification, excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work evenings and weekends in rotation with other medical providers is required.EEO Statement
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$32,424 - $42,960FLSA StatusExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?NoQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16464Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
- Letter of Recommendation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).