Marine Research Specialist III
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberSF00830Job TitleMarine Research Specialist IIIPosition Number109359FTE1.00FLSAExemptPosition TypeProfessional StaffUnionPSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level9Pay Grade Range$47,192 - $70,714Status Calendar Year, Full-time, Limited Department Information DepartmentGSO ResearchContact(s)Contact Phone/ExtensionContact EmailPhysical DemandsCampus LocationNarragansett Bay CampusGrant FundedYesExtension Contingency Notes
Position is full-time calendar year, limited to 02-15-2020 with possible renewal.Job Description Summary
Perform coordination of a national program with participation across many institutions. Responsible for data collection, analysis, database management, website and social media management, organization of mentoring groups, conference logistical management, communication management with participants across a national network, and logistical and administrative support for the PI and the steering committee.Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for survey development, data collection, data analysis, and database management of all program information.
Update and maintain all digital media associated with the program including the program website and all social media accounts.
Manage mentor group establishment, membership, scheduling, and call reminders.
Manage all logistical planning and execution associated with the program conference held every other year.
Responsible for all communication management with all program participants across a national network. Manage communication channels to bring new participants into the program.
Support the program Principal Investigators and Steer Committee in all program aspects.
Aid in the preparation of reports and manuscripts containing results of research efforts.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers, external hard drives; Word processing, database management, spreadsheet, website management, social media management.Required Qualifications
1) Bachelor’s degree.
2) Minimum four years of relevant program support experience (i.e., logistical support, communication management).
3) Demonstrated experience in an area of specialization (i.e., data collection and analysis, social media management).
4) Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5) Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6) Demonstrated organizational skills.
7) Demonstrated website and social media management.
8) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Preferred Qualifications
1) Master’s Degree.
2) Minimum five years of program support management experience.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Occasional travel is required.Posting Date08/15/2019Closing Date08/28/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references.Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6263Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum four years of relevant program support experience (i.e., logistical support, communication management)?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in an area of specialization (i.e., data collection and analysis, social media management)?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated organizational skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated website and social media management?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral