Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Central Ticket Office
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 604537
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Purpose of Classification: This position coordinates and monitors the day-to-day operations of the JacksCard Office, and works with multiple units within the department, including Campus Services and Activities, Dining, and EMSA Financials. We provide exemplary service to students and all those who partner with students in support of their success. This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Sr. of the combined JacksCard and Central Ticket Office. Evening and weekend hours for special events required periodically throughout the year.
- Oversees day-to-day operations for the JacksCard Office.
- Supervises, trains, and schedules student employees.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and enforcement of all employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain JacksCard website.
- Maintains inventory of JacksCard office supplies including printer materials, ID card stock, office supplies and forms.
- Presents and participates during formal and informal sessions and panels for all incoming students and their guests to promote usage of JacksCard during orientation season.
- Serves as an on-site manager for all JacksCard events including remote image capture, and ID production.
- Create, manage and distribute reports on students’ usage of Jacks Debit Express (JDE) for University Departments.
- Processes JDE refunds, Fund Transfer Requests and Interdepartmental Transfers, Deposits, and other transactions related to JDE; Works with departments on campus to validate transactions and provides necessary documentation.
- Oversees students’ JDE accounts, including processing refunds, transaction adjustments reversing or adjusting transactions and notifying accountholders.
- Works with the Program Coordinator. Sr., and EMSA Financials to investigate JDE account issues and departmental charges.
- Maintains cashier and shift logs for training and audit purposes.
- Basic Maintenance and troubleshooting of office equipment, including but not limited to ID card printers, RFID encoders/readers and computer equipment.
- Coordinates support resources and/or assists with basic troubleshooting as needed to identify and resolve technical issues related to laundry readers, vending readers, ticket scanners, point of sale devices, online deposit website, and specialized ID card and ticket printing hardware.
- Provides support for escalated calls and emails from patrons to resolve issues requiring research and/or coordination with other departments.
- Resolves customer service issues and disputes in JacksCard Office.
- Assists with special events as needed in Central Ticket Office as needed.
- Assists with creating ticketed events in specialized Paciolan software as needed.
- Assists Program Coordinator Sr. in developing and maintaining policies and procedures for JacksCard Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NAU is currently engaged in an Organizational Growth and Effectiveness Initiative, which focuses on positioning the University for future success of its operational practices. As a result, some aspects of this position may be subject to change, such as, but not limited to: duties, titles, reporting structure, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, or related field AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience AND one year supervisory experience; OR
- Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience AND one year supervisory experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Knowledge of a variety of general computer applications and operations related to office management.
- Experience working in Peoplesoft systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Experience with identification card production systems.
- Working knowledge of policy relative to university ID Card office operations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation, facilitation, training delivery, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and produce precise and detailed work.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with computer software programs.
- Adept at developing maintaining good working relationships.
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling principles.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
The budgeted salary amount is $35,557 to $37,000.
This position's pay grade is 43. The salary range for this paygrade can be found on the CLS Grade Schedule.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/ Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. More information is available at: https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
August 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.