Adjunct Lecturer - Department of Nursing
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Job TitleAdjunct Lecturer - Department of NursingPrimary CampusBothPosting Number20180019-FAC Position Summary Information Position Responsibilities
The Nursing Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for an adjunct, non-ranked position with experience in long term care, medical and surgical nursing, or mental health nursing.
The Adjunct Faculty Member’s responsibilities vary with the program of study assignment. Because the Adjunct Faculty Member’s primary responsibility is to teach or participate in teaching a course, frequent communication with the Course or Track Coordinator and Program of Study Director is essential. The Adjunct Faculty Member is accountable for student learning in the Department of Nursing by fulfilling responsibilities that are related to each of the Department of Nursing standards. These responsibilities are congruent with professional, academic, and accreditation standards in nursing, and are consistent with St. Catherine University and Department of Nursing standards for faculty assessment and evaluation.
Master’s degree in nursing (or rationale for acceptance of other than the minimum required graduate credential), licensed registered nurse in the State of Minnesota, knowledge of current nursing practice. Preferred qualifications include earned doctorate, preferably in nursing, academic preparation and teaching experience in nursing education, and basic computer skills and knowledge of information technology.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site for electronic application information and details. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Kim Dinsey-Read at [email protected]. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.Permanent Link to Postinghttp://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/2576 Posting Detail Information Posting Start Date03/20/2019Close DateHiring Manager NameKim Dinsey-ReadHiring Manager [email protected] Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * Are you are a Licensed registered nurse in the State of Minnesota?
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Holistic Nurses Association
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Nurse
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Simply Hired
- The African Nurses Network
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae