Ranked Faculty - Public Health (Temporary)
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Job TitleRanked Faculty - Public Health (Temporary)Primary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190015-FAC Position Summary Information Position Responsibilities
The Public Health Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a one-year temporary Ranked Faculty position. This position requires a faculty member to teach six courses in the Public Health Department primarily in the Master of Public Health, Global Health program. This one-year temporary position fills a recent vacancy. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
The primary responsibility of this position is to teach courses in the MPH in Global Health program. Specifically, candidates need to be able to teach in the online and hybrid format for the following courses: Master-level Social and Behavioral Theory, Qualitative Research Methods, Non-Communicable Disease, MPH Capstone projects and additional courses to be determined at either the graduate or undergraduate level. The selected candidate is expected to have responsibilities in teaching and departmental service. No advising or scholarship is required for this one-year temporary position. The teaching load is six sections (equivalent of 18 graduate or 24 undergraduate credits) per academic year.
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and a commitment to departmental service. The department is comprised of diverse faculty members, reflecting our diverse student body. The Public Health Department collaborates across the University. Applicants should be prepared to work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their training to lead and influence.Position Qualifications
Doctorate in a public health-oriented degree and an MPH. Must have a demonstrated evidence of a commitment to excellence in teaching.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by June 15, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * Please give at least two specific examples of actions and/or contributions you have made in your current or previous roles to promote a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion. What were the outcomes?
(Open Ended Question)
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Immigrant and Refugee Health Network (MIRHN)
- Minnesota International NGO Network (MINN)
- Minnesota Private College Council
- Minnesota Public Health Association (MPHA)
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy