Executive Assistant, Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community
The Executive Assistant provides executive-level administrative support to the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Inclusive Community and plays a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Vice Chancellors office. S/he must be an effective, professional and diplomatic liaison from the Vice Chancellor to a variety of audiences including University leadership, staff, alumni and other constituents. The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the Vice Chancellors calendar, telephone messages, travel arrangements, general correspondence and special projects as assigned in a fast-paced work environment. S/he will also prepare documents and reports for meetings/presentations as needed. The Executive Assistant may also be asked occasionally to assist the Vice Chancellors leadership team with specific projects as deemed appropriate. This may include document preparation, meeting/event coordination and assisting with general HRIC needs as necessary. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential to success in this position. The individual in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Vice Chancellor including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports, and composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Prioritize the Vice Chancellors time and attention; prepares agenda and materials for meetings; Generate professional documents for letters, proposals, reports and spreadsheets for both internal and external audiences.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the Vice Chancellors schedule is followed and respected. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Vice Chancellors time.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Serve as a strong and highly professional liaison between the Vice Chancellor and the University community.
- Handle human resources related processes including onboarding of new HRIC employees.
- Relay messages and assist callers and visitors with questions, information and problems.
- Assist in tracking expenses and research/troubleshoot as necessary.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to the Department and the University.
General Office Management
- Manage and order office supplies.
- Coordinate requests from the division including facilities, furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Organize divisional events.
- Perform other duties as needed to maintain smooth operation of the division.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, off-sites and all staff meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated interest in higher education.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, August 30, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.