Executive Assistant, Division of Marketing & Communications
The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across the University of Denver, helping to raise awareness, strengthen the brand, support enrollment and engage students and alumni, as well as faculty and staff. The division proactively and reactively manages the Universitys brand and reputation-internally and externally-in a transparent and effective manner.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all administrative matters pertaining to the Division of Marketing & Communications.
The Executive Assistant is creative and enjoys working within a fast-paced, large, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused and community oriented. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure and trusted to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Vice Chancellor (VC) and Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) including providing office coverage for phones, visitors and other administrative duties, managing extremely active appointment calendars; completing VC and AVC expense reports; and composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Manages VC and AVC off-campus meetings and work-related travel arrangements.
- Coordinates all aspects of business travel including registration fees, lodging, ground transportation, and flight reservations.
- Creates detailed itineraries and coordinates all required travel documentation.
- Prioritizes time and attention; prepares agenda and materials for meetings; provides monthly reports, and other special reports as requested; coordinates the divisions university-wide marketing- and communications-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Serves an important "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for access to the VCs and AVCs time.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the VC and AVC with University Council, senior leadership, colleagues and staff on matters related to divisions initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VC and AVC including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Determines appropriate courses of action, referrals, or responses.
- Facilitates effective, efficient, and open communication between the VC 's office and internal departments, demonstrating poise and leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the VC and AVC to keep both well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the VC and AVC, some of which may have institution-wide impact.
- Manages and prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively, with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with aggressive deadlines.
- Provides advice to internal and external constituents on policies, procedures as well as division-specific issues.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated interest in higher education.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, August 30, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.